Across the UK today 6.5 million people are carers, supporting a loved one who is older, disabled or seriously ill.
We care, do you? We have a large number of carers recorded on our system but the actual number could be much higher than this. It is estimated that as many as 1 in 8 of us in the UK may be a carer but that many people who look after family, friends or relatives, would not recognise themselves as a carer. Every day 6,000 people become carers. Many don’t know how or where to get help. It can be frightening and very lonely.
We are well aware of the contribution that carers make in helping us look after our patients. Do we know that you are a carer? We would like to hear from you if you recognise yourself as a carer. By including this on your record we will be more aware of your pressures and needs and can ensure that you are aware of support that is available. Please ask at reception for a carers form so that we can add this to your medical record.
- Carers Trust believes in a world where the role and contribution of unpaid carers is recognised and they have access to the quality support and services they need to live their own lives. The local trust for Stamford is the Evergreen Care Trust
- The Lincolnshire Carers Service provides support for carers in Lincolnshire. Tel: 01522 782224 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Lincolnshire Young Carers service provides support for young carers. Tel: 01522 553275 or email: email@example.com
- Adult Care and Support Services Guide with listings of all care providers and care homes in Lincolnshire.
- Stamford Rethink Carers Support Group meets for mutual support, advice and friendship. The group intends to be a safe place to openly share in a non-judgemental atmopshere.